Authenticity & being your best self

Due to my strong personal interest, I’ve done a lot reading on leadership. Sometimes the messages seem contradictory. Be authentic, but change in all these ways that will make you better. I was confused. Am I good enough, or do I need to change?
I’ve come to realize that both are true. I am good enough AND I need to change. The mistake I made was thinking that I needed to change into something I’m not. To be the best leader I can, I only need to become more of myself. To realize my own potential.  The same is true for you. Don’t strive to become the leader I am, instead find the leader inside yourself. Unearth and uncover her. Nourish him so he can grow and flourish. Listen to her and let her guide you. Encourage him, protect him, invest in him.
There’s a place for listening to leadership thinkers and observing other leaders in action. But don’t let any of that overshadow your inner guideposts. Take in the suggestions made, take what you like, and leave the rest. You are good enough, as you become your best authentic self.

Comments

Popular Posts